General view, Tylorstown

Use this forum to post images of Tylorstown, old and new. I don't have the capacity to allow users to post images directly to the forum I'm afraid so you'll have to host them somewhere else.

General view, Tylorstown

Postby mochyn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Posted in 1910.

Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Re: General view, Tylorstown

Postby gwilliams3 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:34 pm

The houses on the hill in the background are on the following streets.

1st - row of about 10 houses - not on my map - unknown

2nd row - Donald Street - my Great grand parents lived there at No.4 ( grandfather born 1909, still there on the census in 1911)

3rd row - Eric Street

4th Row - Keith Street

you can't see Charles street, which runs accross the hill at this end of these streets.

Blocking the view of Charles St is Brynbedw Rd. and in front of that Church terrace.

I was told recently ( Family History Fair, Newport ) that these streets were named after the children of the man who built the houses.

Charles St and Keith St. are still there, but the other three have disappeared. From old maps All I can gain is sometime between about 1965 and 1975 the houses were demolished.

Anyone know about this ?

My Great Grand Father, Arthur Williams, died ( was buried ) in 1916 age 39, and my Uncle believes he died in a mining accident.

Anyone have any details ?

regards,

Geoff Williams
gwilliams3

Re: General view, Tylorstown

Postby Cymro1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:18 am

The streets showing in this photo are from bottom-:1 Edmond Street, 2 East Road, main road in Tylorstown, 3 Church Street, 4 Brynbedw Terrace, 5 Hendrefadog Street, 6 Arfyn Terrace, just see to the right, 7 Kieth Street, 8 Eric Street, 9 Donald Street, and at the top Cassie Street.
Cymro1

Return to Images of Tylorstown