Tylorstown Children's Choir

Use this forum to post images of Tylorstown, old and new. I don't have the capacity to allow users to post images directly to the forum I'm afraid so you'll have to host them somewhere else.

Re: Tylorstown Children's Choir

Postby davie202 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 am

Hi all, I am the newbie who posted the photo of us choristers taken at Penrhys bowling green and I am David Humphreys (third in from the right top row) yes the one with the middle parting, then being 12 and now 66 having had the photo 54 years lost but found again and surprisingly still in good condition and proud to have it in the forum.
My memorable times would be the companionship of the choir practice at Tylorstown Primary School then on to Ebenezer Welsh Congregational Chapel not far from the School,
Also not forgetting to the best of my knowledge eisteddfods we were placed in such as Porthcawl, Llangollen, Builth Wells where we stopped in the little café top of Brecon Beacons on route and one time if my memory serves me well it was at Carmarthen eisteddfod we had to perform on stage and never known before without a Conductress Mrs Blainey not turning up there for what ever reason and Brian the pianist instructed us to slightly turn ourselves left towards him on the piano so that we shared the view with him and the judges and the only way we got through it was Brian playing and conducting us with his head and thinking our chance of winning was grim but low and behold we WON the cup with our performance and should any of you out there remember every time we won an eisteddfod we get of the bus at Queen Square and perform for Tylorstown with the joy of winning before going home.
The final memory was a radio performance taped in the Tec School Ferndale and played back weeks later on the radio and it was at a time the installation of the new yellow street lights were placed outside the School making our red tie's turn orange.
What is not clear in my mind who was the conductor after Mrs Blainey? any thoughts!!
Dave.
davie202

Previous

Return to Images of Tylorstown