Tylorstown Children's Choir

Use this forum to post images of Tylorstown, old and new. I don't have the capacity to allow users to post images directly to the forum I'm afraid so you'll have to host them somewhere else.

Tylorstown Children's Choir

Postby valpowell35 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 am

Does anyone remember this photo being taken?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mjpowell/tylorstown-childrens-choir.jpg

It was taken after the choir won the National Eisteddfod around 1947/48 (Bridgend, I think). We were drenched after a heavy downpour but it didn't dampen our spirits! Being a member from the start, it was one of the best times of my childhood.
valpowell35

Re: Tylorstown Children's Choir

Postby grahamseal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Thank you for posting this Val, I printed a copy and my mother (Sheila Walters) enjoyed going over it and recalling the names of the choristers, committee members etc. She said she thought that to your left was Alwyn Davies, is this correct? It was Bridgend 1948 by the way.
Graham.
grahamseal

Postby howard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:14 pm

and just noticed my cousin Colin Taylor, bottom left , right of the gent with the hat
regards Howard
howard

Postby haydon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:07 pm

hello i to am on photo i am on left side of mr morgan this brings many happy memories lots of my old friends .i am haydon gillgrass .all the best
haydon

Postby JohnPitt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:27 pm

We are a thinning generation!! so it's really quite important to put names to these faces for the next generation while we are alive!

So we need accurate pointers for Val Please and anyone else she remembers and all the ones identified by Graham's mum! Also, Haydon and Mr Morgan where are you!! ;)
JohnPitt

Postby haydon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:10 pm

is there any way that photo can have numbers on people so that we can put names to them. haydon
haydon

Postby haydon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:16 pm

i think alwyn is behind jean clark front row holding her coat together . next to jean on right of photo is norma macingtosh behind norma is ined phillips
haydon

Postby haydon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:32 pm

hello vall hoping you are keeping well .i think alwyn davies is behind jean clark . jean is in the front row holding her cout together . next to jeans right on photo is norma macingtosh behind norma is ined phillips. all the best haydon gillgrass
haydon

Postby mochyn » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:17 pm

One of our new forum members has kindly sent us another photo for your enjoyment, he says he "... was in Tylorstown Co-op children's choir 1960, mother Gwen Humphreys on committee with Mrs Blainey Conductress & Brian Davis on piano, I have full picture of us (46 children plus 15 adults) taken at bowling green Penrhys and should you want this photo uploaded to your forum you are welcome."

And here's his photo, which you can click to see a larger copy:

Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby haydon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:17 am

what i nice suprise i have just spotted my mother mary gillgrass 2nd on left .where are all the boys gone .haydon
haydon

Next

Return to Images of Tylorstown