a welcome back to ferndale forum

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

a welcome back to ferndale forum

Postby lithium » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I would just like to say a welcome back to the ferndale forum, the old forum was sadly missed
lithium

Re: a welcome back to ferndale forum

Postby mochyn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm

You're most welcome. I found the old forum extremely useful too.

And welcome aboard the new forum. The fact that I was able to register the same domain name (ferndale-wales.co.uk) when it became free will, I hope, help the new forum to gather momentum quite quickly since people can now find the new one in the same place as the old.

We're up to 14 users already and plenty of unregistered users are also reading the forum each day.
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby daveporthcawl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 pm

mochyn wrote:You're most welcome. I found the old forum extremely useful too.

And welcome aboard the new forum. The fact that I was able to register the same domain name (ferndale-wales.co.uk) when it became free will, I hope, help the new forum to gather momentum quite quickly since people can now find the new one in the same place as the old.

We're up to 14 users already and plenty of unregistered users are also reading the forum each day.

Nicely set up Mochyn............a very professional web site and forum which is bound to become very popular with old Ferndalians.
I visit Pontypridd every Saturday to see my aunt who reached 100 last July.
Good luck and thanks................Dave
daveporthcawl

Postby mochyn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm

daveporthcawl wrote:Nicely set up Mochyn............a very professional web site and forum which is bound to become very popular with old Ferndalians.
I visit Pontypridd every Saturday to see my aunt who reached 100 last July.
Good luck and thanks................Dave

Very kind of you to say so Dave but it's a completely off-the-shelf offering. I do a little web development but I'm not up to producing anything like this. It's marvellous that there are people with the time and skills to produce forum sites like this, then make them available for free.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the site. Where's your aunt from originally? Ferndale by any chance?

Alan
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby daveporthcawl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks Alan. My aunt was born in 1909 in Mountain Row Blaenllechhau and also lived in Oak Street Ferndale. She was therefore five at the outbreak of World War 1. She worked in the Bridgend munitions factory in WW2. I still refer to Ferndale as the CENTRE of the UNIVERSE........great memories of North Rd Infants, Junior School (Dai Ref superb teacher) and of course Ferndale Grammar...........Mr Maths Malson, Tommy Chem, Dicky Wood, Arthur Miles Physics etc.
Good luch to the FORUM and all who sail in her!!!!
daveporthcawl

Postby bouncer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:53 pm

daveporthcawl wrote:Thanks Alan. My aunt was born in 1909 in Mountain Row Blaenllechhau and also lived in Oak Street Ferndale. She was therefore five at the outbreak of World War 1. She worked in the Bridgend munitions factory in WW2. I still refer to Ferndale as the CENTRE of the UNIVERSE........great memories of North Rd Infants, Junior School (Dai Ref superb teacher) and of course Ferndale Grammar...........Mr Maths Malson, Tommy Chem, Dicky Wood, Arthur Miles Physics etc.
Good luch to the FORUM and all who sail in her!!!!

do you remember JE Thomas JET and "the old man" Howells the head!
bouncer

Postby JohnPitt » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 am

lithium wrote:I would just like to say a welcome back to the ferndale forum, the old forum was sadly missed

hello Hello Hello
Anybody there
.... there ...there

It is a shame that we lack contributors! We have 62 members but hardly a post in the last month. Come on people
JohnPitt

Postby RogerWood » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 pm

It might be an age thing John.
We've said it all before!
RogerWood

Return to General