"Stella," on Sky TV Friday Evenings

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: "Stella," on Sky TV Friday Evenings

Postby darran » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Got it! yes, John, it is looking towards Penrhys. The road winding up just to the right of the phone box is Penrhys Hill, the large white building is the Duke of York and those long parallel streets above lead to where Hendrefadog school was.

Sheila
darran

Postby RogerWood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 am

Not on my Telly. Call me tight but I run my car on what you pay SKY.
RogerWood

Postby JohnPitt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 pm

RogerWood wrote:Not on my Telly. Call me tight but I run my car on what you pay SKY.

Too right I'm in the trade but get by with freesat & freeview combined. Do wish tho' I could see this.
JohnPitt

Postby JohnPitt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:29 pm

darran wrote:Got it! yes, John, it is looking towards Penrhys. The road winding up just to the right of the phone box is Penrhys Hill, the large white building is the Duke of York and those long parallel streets above lead to where Hendrefadog school was.

Sheila

Funny but I just couldn't see it at first but was convinced the rear scenery, as the two walking back towards Stanleytown facing the camera, just had to be "old swokey" but I thought the whole of Llanwonno Road was dirt track.

Terrific pathos and really funny.
JohnPitt

Postby daveporthcawl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:48 pm

I am sure that the hill/phone box is not Penrhys ..........seems to be set other than the Rhondda Fach.
Dave
daveporthcawl

Postby JohnPitt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 am

daveporthcawl wrote:I am sure that the hill/phone box is not Penrhys ..........seems to be set other than the Rhondda Fach.
Dave

The hill with the phonebox is Llanwonno Road out of Stanleytown - Pontygwaith Dave check it on Google Streetview. They took away the yellow gritbox and put a phonebox there! Everything matches Penrhys Road the council estate at the top the Big pub etc etc.
JohnPitt

Postby daveporthcawl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks John...............you are on the ball as usual. MEA CULPA.
Was the big white pub called the Jubilee, and at 5 0'clock from there the LIDL store?
I crashed my Ford Anglia 105E into another car just below the Jubilee on the appropriate date of 1 April 1961. The other driver pleaded guilty to careless driving and my car was repaired by Seal's garage in Pontygwaith.
Dave
daveporthcawl

Postby darran » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:12 pm

I thought I might have been wrong with the pub name in my earlier posting when I said The Duke of York. The D of Y was between Ferndale and Tylorstown wasn't it? The Jubilee was also the name of the bus stop there. I wonder how many bus stops were named after pubs in the Rhondda?

Sheila
darran

Postby bathsboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi All,
Your observations are correct the series were filmed in Elm St and Pine St back in the summer.

Clayton 19 Pine
bathsboy

Postby sandra » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Totally agree, great programme only problem was constantly rewinding to check the location and settle family disputes. Can anyone help with locations please:- I think the school shots are Tonyrefail comp and the undertaker lives in Church Terr. Tylorstown can anyone confirm. Also where are the new houses from?!!

Thanks for any help
Sandra
sandra

PreviousNext

Return to General