"Stella," on Sky TV Friday Evenings

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: "Stella,"

Postby RogerWood » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Ruth Jones on BBC tonight says theres a new series on soon............shot in Ferndale, again.
RogerWood

Re: "Stella," on Sky TV Friday Evenings

Postby mochyn » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 pm

VERY soon. It starts on Sky on Friday.
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

So, I suppose I will have to wait 6 months or so for the new ones :cry: :evil: :( :?
GaryLockyer

Postby daveporthcawl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Folks

BBC 1 The ONE SHOW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 9_01_2013/

About 9 minutes into the show (drag the slider) is a 5 minute feature about Ruth Jones and her second series of Stella which is on Sky 1 tomorrow night @9 pm.

There are some shots of Ferndale...........Elm St and Darran Terrace front gardens. Also the Labour Club and a few words from Alun Clement.

A Welsh Tuscany in the rain?

Regards Dave
daveporthcawl

Postby darran » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Looking forward to the new Stella tomorrow night. The clip shows Rhondda Terrace not Darran Terrace. The house they are in the front garden of must be on the corner of the hill in the middle of Rhondda Terrace which goes up to the street which is the back of Rhondda Terrace and which has the back of the Welsh school on it which is clearly shown in the video.( formerly the Darran Park Infants school and the Girl's Secondary school). In fact if you use the little man on Google maps the house with its 'new' garden walls is easily seen and the school in the background.

A minute or so further on the video shows The Strand and Margaritelli's fish and chip shop.

Sheila
darran

Postby daveporthcawl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Whoops Sheila..................thanks for correcting an "octo" (from Pine Street) who mixed up Darran and Rhondda Terraces.

Looked at the location on Google Streetview as suggested. The garage colours are a useful guide.

Good luck
Dave
daveporthcawl

Postby GaryLockyer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 am

Also see my post on the bottom of the previous page re it being Rhondda Tce.
I have still failed to locate the the street in which the Dick the Kick funeral passes the green fence on the right of screen - on the actors left as they follow the cortege.
Also still searching for the shop/post office location.
Any bright answers pretty please?
Gary :idea:
GaryLockyer

Postby JohnPitt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:29 am

Stella (first series) finally out on freeview channel 11 Thursdays 9.00pm 2nd episode tomorrow
JohnPitt

Postby Foufoularue » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 pm

The funeral home is on the main road that runs through llanbradach and the shop is on Cardiff road in nantgarw! :D
Foufoularue

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:05 am

Llanbradach???? - we never went that far - ever - not even on our holidays - much too far. :o
.....and, following on from my meeting up with the girls/ladies from Mountain Ash when they were over here for the Lions tour.....
One of the ladies was actually the p.a. for the Welsh rugby team and was on this trip in a similar capacity for the Lions.
She was also a 'Stella-ite".
She told me that the inside shots used a number of times, of the rugby club, were all filmed in Penygraig Rugby Club.
Just another bit of use - ful/less info for you :lol:
GaryLockyer

PreviousNext

Return to General