"Stella," on Sky TV Friday Evenings

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: "Stella," on Sky TV Friday Evenings

Postby jaymay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:31 pm

They have just finished filming the current series of stella in Elm St. and surrounding areas. They park all their equipment along the "red wall". All the cast and technicians are very friendly.
jaymay

Postby mochyn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:05 pm

That's excellent news. Looking forward to it coming on TV.
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby GaryLockyer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:58 am

I have been having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of being Stella'd. :oops:
But the good news is that we have just started the third series - into two episodes so far. :shock:
Now I can have the pleasure of trying to work out where the new filming locations could have been done.
For example, the block of flats where he makes the pizza delivery etc. :?:
In the meantime, hasn't it been very quiet on here of late?
Where are all of the local posters? Is the no fresh news coming out of Ferndale? :roll:
If you cannot recall the past with us, how about giving all of us expats overseas some news of the happenings there please. Just a few lines from anyone will always glean responses from the more frequent names you see on here.
I have been loathe to overwrite a few of the older posts as Roger Woods's name is still in the last posting byline.
He is sadly missed for his frequent contributions and photos. :(
What say you, John Pitt? :roll:
I turned 70 in August and am now getting ready to think about retiring. (Actually, I will be retiring in October).
It is time for me to stop work, sit back and smell the roses - actually the seaspray, as we are going to move out of Sydney in January to our place on the coast, north of Sydney. Anyone interested in my home email address is welcome to send me a personal message to which I will respond.
GaryLockyer

Postby mochyn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:21 am

Did you hear the sad news that "Daddy" died?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/w ... ho-7749629
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby brianblaenboy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 am

Nice to hear from you Gary, and enjoy your retirement, you deserve it. Sadly, as I live north of Watford Gap, I don't get much information from Ferndale, mainly because there is no family left there now. However, at some point, probably not this year, I want to make a trip home, but as a carer for my disabled wife, planning it is not easy. Alun Clement has sent me some photos of Ferndale recently - very similar to the views posted on here some time ago.
Having said that, having moved this year, I went in a local pub last week for the quiz to see what it is like, and the quiz master, has a Welsh accent and when I asked him where he came from, his exact words, "A small place in South Wales called Aberdare"! I'm taking photos in of Llanwonno, Ferndale and Blaenllechau, with some from Ferndale Rugby Club showing the Sir Stanley Baker Lounge. Small world!
Best Wishes
Brian (70 next year)
brianblaenboy

Postby lovelygirll » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Did you know that there is a group on facebook called Ferndale History and Archive - you have to e-mail to apply to the group - there are lots of old photos put on there that will bring back lots of memories to you I'm sure. Take a look.
lovelygirll

Postby daveporthcawl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks Lovelygirl

The link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/704691532890683/

Really interesting but I am mystifed that there is no link to the FERNDALE FORUM

Will do that link myself

Regards Dave
daveporthcawl

Previous

Return to General