Local paper(s) - advice needed please

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Local paper(s) - advice needed please

Postby Nobby3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi all.

A relative died earlier this week and whilst he lived in Slough for many years he and his 3 brothers were brought up in Ferndale. We wanted to put an announcement in a local paper in case anyone in the village remembered him but we are unsure which is "the" local paper for Ferndale. Can anybody suggest which paper would be best for this?

Thanks in advance.
Nobby3

Re: Local paper(s) - advice needed please

Postby lovelygirll » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:59 pm

It used to be called The Rhondda Leader - not sure if it still is. Try a search in Google under Rhondda Cynon Taff maybe!
lovelygirll

Postby daveporthcawl » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

daveporthcawl

Postby Nobby3 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank you both.

It seems my best bet is the weekly Pontypridd Observer and Rhondda Leader.
Nobby3

Postby evandale » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

The relative you mention was a very close friend of mine, his name was Elfed and he had three brothers named Stanley and Gwilym who was a butcher in
Ferndale, after he retired he moved to Slough with Elfed, and Emlyn a teacher who also moved to that area with his wife Brenda.
I visited Elfed and Gwilym many times in the past.
The Davies family lived at 24, Church Street, Ferndale. Their father's nickname was Dick BAND owing to his involvment with the BAND CLUB Ferndale.
Regards,
Dave Evans.
evandale

Return to General