Merry Christmas 2012 -

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Merry Christmas 2012 -

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 am

So, here I am, sat in my office in Sydney looking out over Sydney Harbour and there is a cruise ship getting ready to set out to the South Pacific islands of Vanuatu, Suva and Fiji.
Today is quite warm - it is 36 centigrade in the city and almost 40 centigrade in the outer suburbs.
Then I thought - what is happening in the Valleys?
Just a few days to go to Christmas so I will take this opportunity to start this thread and wish every reader a :-
Dymuniadau gorau. Best Wishes
Cyfarchion y Tymor Season's greetings
Nadolig Llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Looking forward to 2013 and get posting.......
Gary
GaryLockyer

Re: Merry Christmas 2012 -

Postby brianblaenboy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Merci beaucoup; Danke Schoen; diolch yn fawr Gary. Glad you are coping with the weather out there, and although I am far away from the valleys, it may be on the chilly side at the moment but nothing I remember back home. We are after all hardened folk!
brianblaenboy

Postby JohnPitt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 am

Hi Gary - Hope you and everyone has had a good Christmas.

Like you, my daughter is in Oz and has regularly had to flake out in the innermost room with aircon up full to counteract 40+ deg C every other week.
Another daughter has had serious snowfall since September and many months of harsh Canadian winter to go. Then us here in the English west country with record floods all around us over and over again all this year.

Hey it might have rained quite a bit in the Valleys but we got none of this except perhaps Taff Street, and I think even that got sorted in the end.

Here's to a drier 2013 and Blwyddwyn Newydd Dda
JohnPitt

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm

and there I was - smug in the hope of a beautiful sunny Christmas day - and it RAINED all day in Sydney.
Never mind though, isn't it? it all made it so much easier to enjoy the full roast dinner - turkey, pork, ham, lamb, chicken - you name it, it was on the table. Followed - naturally, by the pudding, trifle, mince pies, chocolate goodies etc etc etc.
There were 22 of us sat down to a late afternoon lunch - about 4pm - all family.
The cooking was spread around the family. I did the turkey as usual, and then the others prepared their specialities. Dawn did the pork, Tara the lamb, Lynne the chicken and veggies, Leah the desserts and we all chipped in for the cheese platter.
Then to get rid of the lethargy we held a table tennis competition.
For good measure, at around 9pm we had a swim in the pool - the rain here is warm.
Eventually went home about 11pm to sleep it off before starting again on Boxing Day with a bubble and squeak and bucks fizz brunch.
I was so glad to get back to work yesterday - just to escape from the table.
So now we look forward to New Years Eve in and around Sydney harbour - with the bestest fireworks display you ever will see. (The clips you get on the News can never do them justice).
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone......... :D :P ;) :D :shock: :lol: :o :roll: :P
GaryLockyer

Postby RogerWood » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 am

I think Sydney has to take 2nd place this year Garry. The practice we had for the Olympics paid off.

Happy new year.
RogerWood

Postby snooky » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:28 am

bit late but...Happy 2013 Gary.....;-) :o
snooky

Return to General