Brynderwyn House

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Brynderwyn House

Postby Nellie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi All
I am new to the forum.

I am looking for information and any available photographs of Brynderwyn House Ferndale.
My dad Gwyn Layton Matthews worked for the coal board as a surveyor. We lived for a short time in Brynderwyn House in the 1950s. i have been unable to find any photographs, I was 3 years old and it would be great for my brother who was 7 and myself to see the old house.
Thank you all
Nellie

Re: Brynderwyn House

Postby GaryCLockyer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:17 am

G'day from Oz,
I saw your post some time ago looking for any pictures of Brynderwyn House.
With the recent changes that Alan has done to the site photo-banners I went back into the Images of Ferndale threads and looked through them.
I came across a very good picture of the house. It is in its own grounds directly above the gasometer by the lower school.

Ferndale and Rhondda Fach
by mochyn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:09 am

You can see that Christ Church and its adjacent Sunday School building is next door - also in its own grounds.
The church was de-consecrated and Steve Maltby purchased the property and built a couple of bungalows on there.
I made a quick entry on the photo thread to bring it to the top of the list - it will show my name and the current date which is 27th Jan 2015.
Happy New Year.
GaryCLockyer
GaryCLockyer

Return to General