Where are you now?????

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: Where are you now?????

Postby RogerWood » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:13 pm

RogerWood wrote:There's that "D" again...........any more of this and I'll be over there!

Fixed now........b''dy hawkeyes.
RogerWood

Postby JohnPitt » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Toasting the bride (not in the pic) Oldest daughter on my right.

JohnPitt

Postby Gwaith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi all,

I would certainly like to know how old schoolfriends are doing these days. So, if anyone who went to Hendrefadog is on the list, then that would be great if you were there in the 1950s.

Best wishes,

Maureen
Gwaith

Postby JohnPitt » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:31 am

The Headmistress of Henrefadog school Tylerstown lived a few doors away from us in New Street and walked (Yes walked!) to that school at the far end of Park road every day rain or shine Summer and winter.
JohnPitt

Postby mamgu01 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:45 pm

John.

Are you talking about Winny Williams, she passed my house every day WALKING to the school,
I think she died a few years ago.
mamgu01

Postby JohnPitt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 am

mamgu01 wrote:John.

Are you talking about Winny Williams, she passed my house every day WALKING to the school,
I think she died a few years ago.

Yes I guess, can't remember her name. but she would have lived at or about no 11 New street with two unmarried sisters who kept the house spotless and still had loads of time left to stand outside gossiping (in English as you approached, but invariably in Welsh as you were passing! :shock: :lol: )

So where did you live Ann?

Also, I recently found out that 19, New Street was owned by a Bishop family. Any connection with your married name?
JohnPitt

Postby bobjones1938 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 am

Having just re-joined this great website I thought I would see if I could locate any of those I knew back in the 1940's and 1950's.

Any idea where Jeff Edwards and Dai Howells late of Oak Street could be?

I also had some great Maerdy friends including Mike Addison of Addisons bakery in Maerdy - anyone know what happened to Mike? we went around as a small group including myself Bob Jones, Cyril Evans (Darkie) and Cyril Evans (Ginger)
bobjones1938

Postby JohnPitt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Lynne Edwards lived in Oak Street - no Idea whether she has the same name. I think also Mair Caradog lived in or near Oak Street (Both in their mid 6o's like me!)

I do know that Mair is on her second (fairly recent) marriage and is called Mair Toombs.

Haven't seen either since 1963!
JohnPitt

Postby RogerWood » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 pm

I can't see where these names have come from John. Maybe Lynne is Jeffs' daughter.
Mair Caradog is now Mair Mooney.
RogerWood

Postby lovelygirll » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 pm

I was in the same class as both these ladies in the grammar school, but I must say I do not have the same powers of re-call that many others on this forum have - I wish I had!
lovelygirll

PreviousNext

Return to General