Where are you now?????

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: Where are you now?????

Postby brianblaenboy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Jack Davies's Butcher's - was that the one very near Trerhondda? Opposite Woodley's?

Brian
brianblaenboy

Postby jaymay » Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Val Thomas is living in Scotland. Meryl Smith still lives in Frederick Street. Mair Humphries lives in Hirwaun and hasn t changed a bit. Yvonne Jones also from Frederick street passed away a few years ago (much too soon).
jaymay

Postby lovelygirll » Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 pm

So sorry to hear that Yvonne passed away it came as quite a shock. Everytime I went home I would see her in 'Tanns' and have a chat. She was in my year in grammar school, not sure if she was in my form - I have a shocking memory!!
lovelygirll

Postby GaryLockyer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:10 am

Hi everyone, seems everybody has gone on holiday for the last month or two.
My absence excuse is that I have been in hospital having complete knee replacement surgery.
That has taken me offline for 7 weeks or so, but I am back in work now and so.......
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN FERNDALE?
:?:
I join you in sorrow at the passing of Yvonne (Gazzi), we were in the same class in Lower school.
Others in my class were Julia Bertorelli, Enid Davies, Wendy and Elaine Phillips.
(Funny how I remember the girls - more that the boys when I think back about things).

I am going to read the other - if any - posts that have come on since I was last on........ :geek: :ugeek: :geek:
GaryLockyer

Postby pedruid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Yes, my father had the shop next to the Workman's Hall. I have been living in South Africa since September 1964 .
From 64 until 79 I lived in Johannesburg but then retired to live in Port Elizabeth where we now live. Haven't been in the UK since 2007. Keep in touch with all my old school friends ( those still around) by email or phone.
Don't know if anyone remembers Norman Jones who lived near the Business Men's Club (father used to have a dairy) well I'm sad to say that he died on 23rd of June.
pedruid

Postby macgregor1947 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:24 pm

keith aycocks died a few years ago
macgregor1947

Postby GaryCLockyer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:25 am

macgregor1947 wrote:keith aycocks died a few years ago

How lax have I been?
This was posted 2 years ago and it is only now that I have come across it.
If you still read this macgregor - was Keith still in the pub over in Ystrad, it was on the main road, on the opposite side to Phil Jones the motorcycle dealers.
Anyway, by your post and 1947, you must have been the same age or thereabouts as he was. As Keith was in school with my brother Topher - who was also born in 1947.

I also note the passing of Norman Jones the milkman's son, who also used to knock around with Topher.

As we grow old it seems the first thing we read are the obits in the newspapers.

I am aware of a number of ex-Ferndalians emigrated to Australia around the same time as I did.
A lot of them settled in the Newcastle area - an hour or so north of Sydney. Frank and his wife, and Frank's brother are a few who spring to mind.
The last time I saw any of them would have been back in about 1984 - oops - just realised that was over 30 years ago, when Topher's son Matthew and his friend came over on a holiday visit.
Matthew's friend - whose name has slipped from my memory - was the grandson of John Jones the fireman that lived next door but 1 from Barclays bank.
His daughter - Elunid had married and separated from Alan. Alan was over here in Australia and the boys were going 2500 kms up to Queensland with him to Airlie Beach - which has access to the Great Barrier Reef. We went with them as far as the NSA/QLD border - about 1000km.
On the way, we met up with the Newcastle Ferndalians at Wests Rugby Leagues club and had a great time.
One of them subscribed to the Rhondda Leader so as to keep up with the local gossip. (Funny how these things come back to you after all this time).

I wonder if any them remember - or read these posts? Let's see if I have stirred up anyone.

Gary
GaryCLockyer

Previous

Return to General