Where are you now?????

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: Where are you now?????

Postby JohnPitt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:47 am

RogerWood wrote:I can't see where these names have come from John. Maybe Lynne is Jeffs' daughter.
Mair Caradog is now Mair Mooney.

1/ Dennis himself confirmed Lynne (or is it Lyn) lived on the end house in Oak Street.
2/ I kinda half sure about where Mair, lived always thought is was the North Road end of town poss Oak Street.
as for her marriage at 60, no doubt there from her entry on friends reunited her name is now Mair Toombs

lovelygirll wrote:I was in the same class as both these ladies in the grammar school, but I must say I do not have the same powers of re-call that many others on this forum have - I wish I had!

but you can remember your own - Lovely girl - c'mon cough up! who are you?
JohnPitt

Mair

Postby RogerWood » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:05 am

Sorry to disagree John. Look at my friends on facebook.
RogerWood

Postby RogerWood » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:09 am

lovelygirll wrote:I was in the same class as both these ladies in the grammar school, but I must say I do not have the same powers of re-call that many others on this forum have - I wish I had!

If you, Lovely Girl, were in the same class, you'd surely remember John and me.
RogerWood

Re: Mair

Postby JohnPitt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 pm

RogerWood wrote:Sorry to disagree John. Look at my friends on facebook.

Yes. Thing is Mair was using her pre-divorce name while extolling the delights of a new partner! Your facebook info shows her sister(inlaw) has a Nephew, Andrew Toombs - that will be Mair's son.
JohnPitt

Postby bobjones1938 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks guys, I know that Lynne is Jeff's little sister, born post war whereas Jeff was pre-war - just like myself and my brother Dennis who was in Lynne's class too!
bobjones1938

Postby brianblaenboy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Lynne Edwards was in my class in school, along with Mary Thomas, Gwyneth Evans, Susan Roberts, Gwylethin Jones, Carol Jones, and many more - need to have another look at the 1960 photo. Yes she lived on the end house of Oak Street nearest the Strand.

Brian
brianblaenboy

Postby lovelygirll » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm sorry to say that my memory is not as good as yours Roger/John. I was Mary Hughes when at the Grammar School but my married surname is Brown. I too am one of those welsh exports - retired now and living in Cambridgeshire. Until three or four years ago I frequently went home as my sisters were still alive and living there. Unfortunately, they have both passed away and my family home is no longer there, so my journeys home have ceased.
lovelygirll

Postby JohnPitt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:01 am

lovelygirll wrote:I'm sorry to say that my memory is not as good as yours Roger/John. I was Mary Hughes when at the Grammar School but my married surname is Brown. I too am one of those welsh exports - retired now and living in Cambridgeshire. .............

Mary Hughes is tagged on my facebook school photos.

So is this you? Mary

Until three or four years ago I frequently went home as my sisters were still alive and living there. Unfortunately, they have both passed away and my family home is no longer there, so my journeys home have ceased.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss it's hard losing your siblings
JohnPitt

Postby brianblaenboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:56 am

Mary Hughes, I do remember you - what a blast from the past. Were you one of the crowd that went to Paris?
As I recall 24 girls and 4 boys? Huw Morgan (deceased), Malcolm Hughes from North Road I think, my very good friend, sadly no longer with us, John Allen and myself, Brian Evans.
Many thanks all for bringing back many memories - I am not on Facebook, over 800 million is enough without me.

Brian
brianblaenboy

Postby lovelygirll » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes John that's me - not a very flattering photo I must say!! Sorry to say Brian I was not amongst those who went to Paris - my parents couldn't afford it at the time. I do remember John Allen (sadly now passed away) married Susan Roberts. I remember many of the faces in the 1960 photo but names I have difficulty with. I lived in Oakland Terrace, my sister Hannah is in the 1947 school photo if anyone remembers her.
lovelygirll

PreviousNext

Return to General