The Beautification of Ferndale?

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

The Beautification of Ferndale?

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 pm

G'day everyone,
I read a short piece on Wales On-Line i.e. Western Mail site, that the government has approved funding for the beautificaion of Ferndale - cleaning up High St, the Strand and improving access up to Darran Park. :o
So, my question is - how or where can we go, on-line to have a look at what the proposals are going to do? :?
Anyone have any brilliant ideas? :idea:
It will make all of the Google street maps out-of-date, so no point it trying it that way, I suppose. :geek:
Over to you locals to dig it up for us/me please. :)
GaryLockyer

Re: The Beautification of Ferndale?

Postby Becca54 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:33 am

Becca54

Postby GaryLockyer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 am

Thank you so very,very much for the council proposal document David. :D
Just a warning to other readers , dont just send it to your printer - there is over 100 pages of the official document.
It highlights the history of Ferndale being 'passed over' when earlier grants were made to Mardy and Tylorstown. The efforts of the community to have input - which has been ongoing from 2006. Costs and forecasts of what is to occur etc etc etc.
I have copied the link over to my computer so that I get a larger on-screen view.
Iam wrapped it in. Good luck with all of the improvements and I hope that it will not take as long to implement as it did to finally receive the grant. :shock:

Gary
GaryLockyer

Postby brianblaenboy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

It seems there is a lot going on in Ferndale, the Salisbury demolished to make way for the new "Sir Stanley Baker Lounge", plus rugby club and a hotel in the future. The old Leslie's shop is the haven for past memorabilia - I've sent Alun Clement quite a lot so far and next year I will be making a trip home because from the photos I've seen the number of trees has expanded quite considerably.

Brian
brianblaenboy

Return to General