Loging in

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Re: Loging in

Postby GaryLockyer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 am

Hi Roger, what I was asking was for you to start a New Subject about the Grammar School photo. New people coming on could find it easier that way, as I only found it by trawling around other messages and came on it by chance. What do you reckon?
Gary
:?:
GaryLockyer

Postby brianblaenboy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Sounds a good idea to me. Little did I think that this site would ever be in existence when I sent my copies of both 1957 and 1960 photos to a contact in South Wales. Otherwise I could have listed all those that I know. I do have one small part of the 1960 which I'll trawl through and list the names, it is the boys section only.
Brian
brianblaenboy

Postby RogerWood » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:48 pm

I just Googled "Ferndale-Wales" and the link to the grammar school photo comes up about 3rd.
It took about 12 seconds to download the full size image. :mrgreen:
RogerWood

Postby Gwaith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi all,

This is brilliant. Lots of names popping up that I recognise for one reason or another. Many moons ago, my great grandfather, William Driver, who lived at 26 Oak Street, was best friends with a John Malephant. Both of them now no longer around. But, a relative of John Maliphant taught me ro read when I was little in Pontygwaith Infants. The dates will age me, so I don't want to go down that route yet. :lol:

I too had some trouble loggin in, but now I have it off by pat. So, on with the motley, and enjoying all the memories and fun everyone is having.

Maureen
Gwaith

Previous

Return to General