Loging in

A general discussion forum for Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach. If you can't find another suitable forum on ferndale-wales for what you want to say, post your message in here.

Loging in

Postby RogerWood » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:54 pm

I have to use the name and password I received from Shiela then login in again at the forum with my name I registered.
Hopefully all will work when the site is up and running correctly.
Any chance of getting an option to edit previous posts ?

OOPs Just noticed the edit thingy.
RogerWood

Re: Loging in

Postby mochyn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Welcome Roger. Yes, the initial user name and password are a temporary requirement while we're just testing the forum. Once we're all happy with it, I'll remove the need for the initial user name and password. Basically, once I've done that, normal operation will be that the site is visible to everyone but read-only. To post a comment, users will need to go through a one-off registration process to create an account. Then, they'll be able to post at will.

And it sounds like you're OK with editing previous posts. So welcome aboard, let's hope it takes off.
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby RogerWood » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:56 pm

OK I read you.

How about Photo's? I love showing the 1960 Ferndale Grammar School photo currently on my talktalk website that I can't upload to anymore.(Right click the photo and open in a new tab, or save it)
Image It seems talktalk have twigged that I have two sites the second one used for the car racing club I run.
Last edited by RogerWood on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
RogerWood

Postby mochyn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm afraid that, in the short term, I don't have the spare capacity to allow the posting of images. I plan to start with just basic messages. When I can free up some capacity, I may start enabling some of the forum's other features. I'll keep you all posted on that front.

That's a great photo. I've had a quick scan but, off the top of your head, would my cousin Kenneth Pugh be on there? I think that would have been his era.
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby RogerWood » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:24 pm

EEE I don't know. I can't remember half the people in the same year.
I have pictures from the Junior school on that talktalk site and it was Sheila who named most of those.
RogerWood

Postby mochyn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Oh well, I'll mail him and ask him.

By the way, if you didn't know, I'm Sheila's second cousin. Our common ancestors are John Thomas and Elizabeth Davies, both from different parts of West Wales. They pitched up in Blaen sometime in the 1880s.
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby RogerWood » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Are we going live yet ? I've been digging in my address book and found a few contacts from Ferndale.
RogerWood

Postby mochyn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Yes, sorry Roger and everyone else. I've been a little sidetracked. Let's go live this weekend. Give me a little time to give things the once over and I'll remove the user name and password.

Speak soon.
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby GaryLockyer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:23 am

Hey Roger,
I have only just found the 1960 Ferndale Grammar photo you posted early in this.
I overlooked it earlier as I thought this post was just about the intial setting up of the site.
This is my era, except that I was in Porth County.
However, as I was living in Rhondda Tce and almost lived in the baths, I know so many faces on here that I had not even thought about for ages.
Glenn Fry, John Maliphant are two .
How about moving this POST to a more accessible post-line.
Perhaps we can get an ID post going?
Gary
GaryLockyer

Postby RogerWood » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:36 pm

GaryLockyer wrote:Hey Roger,
I have only just found the 1960 Ferndale Grammar photo you posted early in this.
I overlooked it earlier as I thought this post was just about the intial setting up of the site.
This is my era, except that I was in Porth County.
However, as I was living in Rhondda Tce and almost lived in the baths, I know so many faces on here that I had not even thought about for ages.
Glenn Fry, John Maliphant are two .
How about moving this POST to a more accessible post-line.
Perhaps we can get an ID post going?
Gary

Not sure what you mean by moving this post. (sorry but I've not been reading this lot lately)
RogerWood

Next

Return to General