EVANS of Ferndale

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

EVANS of Ferndale

Postby mbutcher » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 am

Does anybody know this family? Trevor EVANS married Doris May RICHARDS on 26.9.1931 at Pontypridd Register Office. At the time of their marriage Trevor was living at 19 North Road, Ferndale and Doris was at 7 Griffith Street, Maerdy. I believe they lived in Ferndale thereafter. Did they have family? Are there any of them left, anywhere? I think it likely – though not yet proven – that Doris died in 2005. Doris had a sister, Mary Olwen Richards who, I believe, married somebody called JONES. Any information, no matter how small, would be very welcome. I have lots of family history to share, going back to early 1700s.
mbutcher

Re: EVANS of Ferndale

Postby brianblaenboy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:10 am

This may be a long shot, but I am a descendant of Evan Evans who lived with his wife Elizabeth and 3 sons, John, David and Samuel in Blaenllechau and listed on 1871/18881/1891 censuses. David is my direct link to Evan, but John married to Ellen (surname not known by me) and had 7 children. Evan came from Llanarth, Cardiganshire and Elizabeth from Pembrey, and their other children apart from the three above were:-
Elizabeth; Jane; William; Henry & Edward - the last one I believe became a minister in Treherbert.

I have no idea if this helps you but it is my "EVANS" side of my family.

Good luck as I know with both 'Evans and Davies' research is not easy.

Brian
brianblaenboy

Postby mbutcher » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 am

Brian,

Thank you for the information. As you can see it is the first reply I have had. At this point I have no idea if there is a connection. If it's alright with you I will sit on the information and see what else I find out. Let's hope there might be something in it.

Malcolm
mbutcher

Postby brianblaenboy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Malcolm,
I have found the details of John Evans & Family from 1891 census:-
John Evans, born Pembrey, aged 40
Ellen, born Aberaman, aged 37
All children born in Blaenllechau:-
William aged 16
Edward aged 14
Susan aged 12
Elizabeth aged 10
David aged 8
Mary aged 4
Nathaniel aged 2

I have never tried to find out further information on any of the above, but at my Grandfather's funeral in 1952, there were cousins but not with the name of Evans, so they must have been children/grandchildren of the girls named in the list.

Probably a bit of useless information, but one never knows.

Best Wishes
Brian
brianblaenboy

Return to Ancestry