llewellyn family

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

llewellyn family

Postby gwyneth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:59 pm

My late father Idwal Thomas Llewellyn was born in 1921 at 55 Edmund st. Tylorstown.His father David Evan Llewellyn is shown as having been born in Ferndale in 1895.In the1911 census David was living at his uncles house 3,Irfon street, Ferndale. David Evans' father is known to be William ,and apart from him being a collier as was David, I know nothing else about him. Does anyone have knowledge of the Llewellyn family,or indeed of the Griffith's family that David married into? Here's hoping!
gwyneth

Re: llewellyn family

Postby howard » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Gwyneth

Irfon St is only a few houses long, I didn't know any Llewellyns there but there was a Llewellyn family a few yards
around the corner in my home street Brynhyfryd Terrace, about number 87 or 88. I remember Mrs Llewellyn there back to
the 1940's so could conceivably be a link.

regards

Howard
howard

Re: llewellyn family

Postby gwyneth » Wed May 02, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Howard,
Thanks for your interest in my post. Do you have any info. about this particular Llewellyn family that live nearby? ie. first names of family members etc.
thanks Gwyneth.
gwyneth

Return to Ancestry