Peggy Stephenson

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

Peggy Stephenson

Postby Bonnie05 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 am

Hi there,
I'm looking for information on a Peggy Stephenson who must have been born around 1910-12. I have a lovely photo of my grandmother and her bridesmaid on her wedding day in June 1920 and, until yesterday, I had no idea who that little girl was. Thanks to the newly-found announcement in the Bradford Argus, I now know the girl was Peggy Stephenson from Ferndale, South Wales. I would love to know the connection between the families, as mine was from Bingley, Yorkshire.
If anyone knows of a Stephenson family in Ferndale, I would be grateful for any information (bearing in mind Peggy was probably Margaret).

Many thanks,
Bonnie
Bonnie05

Re: Peggy Stephenson

Postby mochyn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 pm

A bit of a stab in the dark I admit, but there was a Margaret S Stephenson born in Cardiff in 1912:

Name: STEPHENSON, Margaret S
Registration district: Cardiff
County: Glamorganshire
Year of registration: 1912
Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Mother's maiden name: Chembers
Volume no: 11A
Page no: 793

And she seems to be the only Margaret Stephenson born in Glamorgan between 1909 and 1913. Might be worth a punt. Does the mother's maiden name, Chembers, ring a bell?
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie05 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 am

Thank you very much Mochyn.
That's certainly worth investigating. I'll get on to it ASAP.
Unfortunately I haven't come across any Chembers so far (and I've done quite a lot of digging!)
Thanks again,
Bonnie
Bonnie05

Postby mochyn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

It dawned on me that "Chembers" was probably a transcription error, so I checked the image and, needless to say, it's "Chambers".
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Return to Ancestry