electoral rolls

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

electoral rolls

Postby eirwen » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Hoping that a member might be able to assist me. My grandmother Margaret Davies would have been a widow I believe 1920/1930 and living in Ferndale would it be possible that Margaret could be located between these dates from any electoral rolls that anyone has access to. If located who was Margaret living with. Interested to see if her daughter Eirwen [Eurwen] is with her , if not where was Eirwen living again with whome. Regards Eirwen.
eirwen

Re: electoral rolls

Postby mochyn » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:55 pm

I have a copy of the eletoral register from 1937, would that be too late for your purposes? If not, I'd need to know an address she might have been at because the registers are in street order. Let me know if I can help.
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby eirwen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Would like to know if possible the occupants of 93 Duffryn Street [Bryant family I hope] also 4 Albany Street and Long row Blaenllechau [matthew family]. Thank you Eirwen.
eirwen

Postby mochyn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Apologies for the long delay in getting back to you. I can't do Blaen for you I'm afraid from what I have here because it's Ferndale specifically, excluding Blaen. This copy I have came from Treorchy library, and I dare say Pontypridd would have electoral registers too. You could give them a call and see of they'd post you a photocopy, that's certainly what they did for us.

Anyway, back to Ferndale. There are no Bryants at 93 Dyffryn Street, but there are two at 92! Zachariah and Mary Ann Bryant are at number 92, is that any good? Then 4 Albany Street seems to have two families:

Leonard and Lily Smith
Walter and Rachel Williams

Do those names help any? As I said, this is 1937 so it's after the dates you were looking for. Let me know if you want me to look at any more Ferndale addresses.

Mochyn
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Return to Ancestry