davies family 4 aberdare road blaen

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

davies family 4 aberdare road blaen

Postby lynnerj » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Am looking for the family who lived in no.4 Aberdare Road Blaen. Certainly were there in 1911, father Wlliam Davies and four grown up children there at the time, Edward James, Evan Lewis, Sarah Ann and Maggie May (probably Margaret May). Edward (better known later as Jim) moved to 54 Edward Street in Maerdy, but I can't find anything relating to the other three (Sarah Ann, Maggie and Evan). Does anyone have any info on these? Maybe some old electoral rolls showing who lived in 4 Aberdare Rd after 1911. Thanks everyone.
lynnerj

Re: davies family 4 aberdare road blaen

Postby mochyn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello. I can help you out there. I met Sarah Ann (known as Sar'ann) in 1978 at my brother's wedding. Sar'ann's mother was Louisa Robbins by birth, and Louisa was my grandmother's sister. My grandmother was also a Sarah Ann, Sarah Ann Robbins. I'm too young but my older siblings also remember meeting Louisa's mother, Frances Powell.

What's your connection to the family?
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Postby lynnerj » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm

you're not really a mochyn are you? :lol:
thank you for the info. Did Sarah Ann marry and do you know anything of Maggie May? I can see you're living in out of the valleys now, but did you come back to the valleys for your brothers wedding? in which case I assume Sar'ann was still living in Blaen at that time? your help is much appreciated, especially as so far you're the only person who seems to know something definite about Sar'ann. a few people in blaen can remember her name...sar'ann....but no one seems to know much else. thanks again
lynnerj

Postby mochyn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 am

No, I'm not a mochyn really, it's just what my mother used to call me ("you little mochyn") whenever I did anything disgusting. Often there was an "ych-a-fi" in the sentence somewhere too.

Anyway, as long as you don't mind me abusing the privileges of being the site administrator, I'll mail you directly with more information about my Blaen connections, I hope that's OK. I'll mail you tomorrow with some information.
Mochyn Administrator for: http://forum.ferndale-wales.co.uk/
mochyn
Site Admin

Return to Ancestry