Acock family tylorstown

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

Acock family tylorstown

Postby lynnerj » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:18 pm

it's funny how some families seem to disappear from the on line resources but here's one I can't do much with. in 1926 at 7 Keith street tylorstown, the Acock family had not long moved in. Rosemary Acock gave birth to a son, Kenneth Roy Acock, and no mention of a father in sight. On Kenneth's birth certificate, where it says 'Signature, description and residence of informant', it lists 'Alice L Acock, occupier, present at the birth, 7 Keith Street, Tylorstown'. then i lose track of them. does anyone have any information on them please? thanks
lynnerj

Re: Acock family tylorstown

Postby RCACOCK » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Rosemary Acock is my father Thomas's sister, what information are you trying to locate on my family?
RCACOCK

Re: Acock family tylorstown

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:45 am

Strange how names pop into your head when you least expect it.There is a double whammy on here.
My brother was friendly with Keith Acock (or Aycock) during the 1960's to 80's.
Keith lived in Lake st Ferndale. So the link of the original street name plus the surname rang my alarm bells.
Later he became the manager of the Greenfield pub over in Ystrad/Gelli area.
Just looked it up on google, and the address is 13 -14 William St Ystrad, looks good on streetview.
I do not know if he is a relative, or even if Keith is still in the Greenfield pub as I have been in Australia for 30 years.
(Doesn't time fly when you are having fun?).
Hope this will give you another angle from which you can enquire.
Good luck,
Gary Lockyer
GaryLockyer

Return to Ancestry