Miles Family, Tylorstown.

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

Miles Family, Tylorstown.

Postby davie202 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Do any body know the history of my mum Olwyn Irene Miles at Dol-Y-Coed, Tylorstown. who was married to my dad Richard Humphreys living at 114 East Road,
she died at the age of 34 the 9th October 1950 Bristol royal infirmary with cancer she had a sister Nancy and ened Miles.
With Thanks,
Dave Humphreys.
davie202

Re: Miles Family, Tylorstown.

Postby haydon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:29 pm

what sort of info are you looking for she was married mar 1938 sodbury avon gloster. haydon
her farther was arthur miles born 1868
mother ellen miles born 1871 satandlake oxford eng

sisters nancy enid beatrice ellen brothers john. arthur

all this i found 1911 census all living 67 tallis st cumpark treorkey glam
is this what your looking for . if you want more census info let me know haydon
haydon

Postby davie202 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:48 am

Hello Haydon.
First of all let me give you reason for my request, I was a baby of 2 years 10 months when Mother (Olwyn) died and being the youngest of 3 children Ronald, Patricia and myself David, and at the time of mothers illness it was her dyeing wish that David (my uncle) Gwenllian (Aunt) took me on as their own without legal adoption and on the condition that the miles family had no contact with me and although I grew up with the miles family around the locality and making contact with from time to time it is not clear to me to this very day what part of the Miles family if any I was aware of,
Haydon I have tried through genealogy in the past to find the family with no leads until this very day and after 66 years I can not thank you enough for what you have done for me after all these years.
You may now be able to advise me on looking for my Miles family and extended family tree although I know there may be a cost.
Once again Haydon,
Thank you very much.
Best Wishes,
Dave.
davie202

Postby JohnPitt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 am

The 1911 census is a long time ago Dave - your first clue would be to get the death certificate for your Mum (less than £10.00 from the General Register office (on line)) then look for the "informant" usually a relative accompanied by an address this address can be crucial if the family has not moved on. If it is a hospital where she died you may be able to get details here as well. You could also get similar information by checking the death certificates on the children (you will need to find out the exact Date of birth and exact name to check the register which can be done free of charge). Nothing really beats checking old addresses to see what people say, and may well have an up to date relative!

Ancestry.co.uk has a compenduium of old phone book numbers (useful for corroborating an old address)

Good luck
JohnPitt

Return to Ancestry