Infants Photo

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

Re: Infants Photo

Postby GaryLockyer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 am

The Infants school is/was next door to the Girls Senior School directly along Tudor Street coming out from Darren Park. So it was located between Darren Tce and Rhondda Tce.
I had such a long way to go to infants - allllllllllll the way across the road. (I used to live in 20 Rhondda Tce).
And, darn it, I still do not have access to Facebook or Twitter etc as I said in my post yesterday - my internet is supplied by my company. They set the ground rules.
I will get there somehow though - I have to see the 1960 faceroll and put in my thrupence worth.
Gary
GaryLockyer

Postby brianblaenboy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 am

Gary, don't worry about your restrictions, frustrating as they are. It's good to have some input from down-under because, like many, my memory of many things diminishes, and some of your comments re-awakens it a bit. Thanks
Brian.
brianblaenboy

Postby bobjones1938 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Looking through the varous posts around the Ferndale website I came across some photos of Ferndale Junior classes and saw my brother, Dennis Jones, there. In case anyone out there can remember Den he unfortunately passed away in 2008, aged just 62!
bobjones1938

Postby lizziemg » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:32 pm

1/ John Pitt Francis 2/ ? ? 3/David Thomas 4/ Rodger Beard 5/ Bertie Thompson 6/ Barrie Davies 7/ ? ? 8/ Ray Woods 9/ ? ?

Middle Row

1/ ? ? 2/ Elaine White 3/ ? ? 4/ ? ? 5/ Lyn Edwards 6/ Maralyn Phillips 7/ ? ? 8/ ?? 9/ ? ? 10/ ? ? 11/ ? ? 12/ Glen Biddle
lizziemg

Postby lizziemg » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:38 pm

More names
Middle row:
No. 5 is me, Mary Thomas (as was - wearing enormous white bows!). I lived in 26 North Rd.
7 is Gaynor Jones - lived at, I think No. 12 North Rd - her mother was the local midwife and Gaynor was my bridesmaid when I married Alun Lewis
8 - Rosanna Margaretelli who's parents ran the chippie.
12. Mair Caradog

Lowest row:
No 6 - Susan?
Next to Rita Anstey is Gwyneth Evans (now Maliphant who became head teacher in Hendrefadog??)
Then Kerry Thomas - lived in Elm Street
lizziemg

Postby JohnPitt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 am

lizziemg wrote:1/ John Pitt Francis 2/ David Thompson 3/David Thomas 4/ Rodger Beard 5/ Bertie Thompson 6/ Barrie Davies 7/ ? ? 8/ Ray Woods 9/ Victor Pugh

Middle Row

1/ ? ? 2/ Elaine White 3/Janet Gamlin 4/ Mary Thomas 5/ Lyn Edwards 6/ Maralyn Phillips 7/ Gaynor Jones 8/ ?? 9/ ? ? 10/ ? ? 11/ ? ? 12/ Glen Biddle

Thanks for the input Mary you were of course No 4 and I can add a few more in orange
JohnPitt

Postby JohnPitt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:00 am

lizziemg wrote:More names
Middle row:
No. 5 is me, Mary Thomas (as was - wearing enormous white bows!). I lived in 26 North Rd.
7 is Gaynor Jones - lived at, I think No. 12 North Rd - her mother was the local midwife and Gaynor was my bridesmaid when I married Alun Lewis
8 - Rosanna Margaretelli who's parents ran the chippie.
12. Mair Caradog

Lowest row:
No 6 - Susan?
Next to Rita Anstey is Gwyneth Evans (now Maliphant who became head teacher in Hendrefadog??)
Then Kerry Thomas - lived in Elm Street

Ah so Girl no 8 is a Margaretelli not Bertorelli (Who ran the chippie by Ayron Street/Duffryn St)? I had her down as Julie Bertorelli.

Girl no 6 is Rita Anstey did you mean No 5 - Susan - no surname? does she show up on the mats in the Junior school 5W photo next to Frances Jenkins? - could be the same girl.
JohnPitt

Postby brianblaenboy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:19 pm

John, Mary is right, Rosanna Margaretelli it is, top chip shop on the Strand. From memory I think she went to a Catholic School after Juniors, and I saw her in the 90's at home, I believe she had lived in France for many years. She is in the photo of 5M under 4 photos from Brian.
brianblaenboy

Previous

Return to Ancestry