Hedley James Baker and Jennet Williams

Not quite sure what I think this forum is for. Old photos and stories of interesting Ferndale folk? Mystery photos of people? Let me know what you think.

Hedley James Baker and Jennet Williams

Postby paulbaker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi, this is my first posting to the forum. I'm researching my family history - my paternal grandfather was Hedley James Baker, born 1921 at 4 Oakland Terrace, Ferndale.
He also lived in Maerdy, at 106 Edward Street and 65 Griffiths Street. He died in 2000 at Ferndale House OAP centre after choking to death on some food. This page gives the details: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/''My+husb ... a080430872

He was a coal hewer, with parents called Mary and James. Mary was from Ferndale and worked as a servant in the Salisbury hotel. I think they had other children but I don't know their names.

My grandfather married my grandmother, Marguerite, around 1945 and they had two children. However, their marriage didn't last and he eventually married a Jennet Williams in 1965. Jennet apparently died in 2007.

Nobody in my family has had contact with my grandfather since around 1948, and I only found out he had died recently. I would love to know anything about him or to find out more about this part of my family tree.
paulbaker

Re: Hedley James Baker and Jennet Williams

Postby JohnPitt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 pm

This sounds a sad case of feeding neglect which is becoming all too common these days with a widening resident to carer margin. Hope you get some results Paul.
JohnPitt

Return to People of Ferndale