NOTABLE RELATIVES

Not quite sure what I think this forum is for. Old photos and stories of interesting Ferndale folk? Mystery photos of people? Let me know what you think.

Re: NOTABLE RELATIVES

Postby bobjones1938 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:45 am

Hi John - yes, that is my brother Dennis. He was a brilliant character, so full of life, but sadly missed now. He was born in Feb. 1946.
bobjones1938

Re: Dennis

Postby RogerWood » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 am

Strange. I had a gut feeling about that. He hadn't replied to my e-mails for some time, I think it was while the other Ferndale-Wales site was running.
It's very sad when your classmates go before you.
RogerWood

Postby evandale » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Hello Brianblaenboy,
Yes Gwylym wrote for the leader, he was also a Deacon in Trerhondda Chapel, I have a photograph from the early 30's where the members of the chapel
are giving a concert, it includes Gwylym. At the moment no info on W.J.Evans, if I find anything I will contact you.
In the late 30's and Forties I knew all the people living in Elm St, my Aunt and Uncle Blod and Cad ( BLODWEN and CARADOG ) Jones had a shop and
bakery at No 40.
Regards.
evandale

Postby brianblaenboy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm

The shop in Elm Street now that you mention it was almost opposite where William John lived. I can remembers that Miss Turner (nicknamed Lana) who taught English in Grammar School when I was there lived in number 1.
brianblaenboy

Postby brianblaenboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:36 pm

With the advantages of this super system, and even blessed with the surnames of Davies and Evans, I've now got in touch with a cousin in Vancouver whose grandfather was a Davies, brother to my grandmother. As a result of the information posted on this thread, I've been able to send him a couple of photos, one of which had his grandfather's three sisters on and other members of the family. Of the 4 Davies's three married an Evans - history is wonderful My cousin's mother married a Canadian soldier at some point and emigrated. So thanks to those that gave me the information.
Brian
brianblaenboy

Previous

Return to People of Ferndale