Walsh and Parr Families from Ferndale

A discussion forum for matters of ancestry. Whether you want to share information or ask questions, if you've any ancestral connections with Ferndale and the Rhondda Fach, post your message here.

Walsh and Parr Families from Ferndale

Postby Walshie67 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 pm

I have just joined this forum and am looking for any memories of my family who were from the area. Dad was born in 1917 to Bartholomew Walsh and Florence Ada Parr. He was christened Graham and had three siblings Eva, Jean and Brian. Baartholomew was born in Ferndale to a father, also Bartholomew who seems to have some from Ireland, but I have no idea where. I have been in touch with a relative in New Zealand who's mother was my great Aunt as Bartholomew Junior was on of a large family of girls! As for the Parr family, I know that there were several children - Eva emigrated to Bankside in Canada and married an Arthur Thomas, Fred may also have gone to Canada, but I cannot confirm that and Amos became a C of E Vicar and ended up living in Bucks near my current home! I would love to know if there are any relatives still around in the area as my father died in 1988 and I do not know a lot about the family. Any memories of my father and grandfather would also be fantastic to pass on to my boys!
Walshie67

Return to Ancestry